Saturday, February 16, 2013

2013 word : Follow-Through

I can't believe it's been over a month since i last posted and it was the 1st day of the year before that.   I will get to the photo above in a minute. 

I had a wonderful 2012.  I didn't post very much but I have been busy.    I am doing fantastic in my job and worked a lot of overtime the first half of the year.  I also have been doing multiple house sitting jobs.  It has brought in extra money that allowed me to make a big change I 
moved out.  I can't believe it.  I finally was ready to make the move both financially, emotionally and logically.  It took me over a year to get to that point but I knew i would love it once i did.    I will leave the details for another post.
I also have met someone new.  We had our first date on the anniversary of the death of my former boyfriend.  He is a widow and we both feel we had a little "help" in our meeting.  We moved slowly and we are in a wonderful space right now.    The future looks good. 

I have been enjoying my own apartment.  It took me six months to go through all of my stuff that had been in storage for the 6 or so years and stuff i have collected in my hope chest.  I have made many many trips to Goodwill and have finally found the balance I need with all my belongings.  I am sure i will weed out a bit more but now it's comfy cozy.   I am only 3 blocks from work but this winter has been hard on me again.   It gets dark so soon and we have had a lot of gray days in Jan and Feb.  It gets harder and harder on me every year.   But the sun was out yesterday all day and peeked out today.  

I wrote in my post on 1/1 that I had picked out a word for the year.  Well i wasn't quite telling the truth- I had multiple possibilities but had not yet found one that fit.  Then I found it:  Follow-through.  My word for 2012 was Intentions  and 2011 was Encompassing.  The last two years was finding myself.  I now want to follow  through on those discoveries.   I also have some projects going that i want to finish and thought that having this as my word of the year would help keep me on track.  I thought it would even keep me on track with this blog.  It can either be known as one word or two words but it fits what I want to accomplish this year.  2013 is going to be a year of projects.

I want to also update my blog with all my interests.  That will be my goal.  I will also be updating my pages.  So keep in touch. 


Till next time. 
Dottie.




     

No comments:

My latest finish in Cross Stitching 12-29-2020

  American Promenade by  Annie Beez Folk Art Fabric   18 count Adia Hand dyed by Fabrics by LJ in the Willow Tree colorway. Using all the ca...