Thursday, May 28, 2009

Long time no see...









It’s been a while since I have posted. Dealing with the term, getting ready for graduation, a trip to the beach with the Faith Sisters and a trip to NY for 4 days has been keeping me busy.
I have picked up my hand project at work again. It was the 2008 block of the month by Suzi Gorman- Hearts Aflutter. . See above for one of the peaces. It is one of my first appliqué quilts. I am learning. I decided to do this project using a couple of Moda charm packs I had and other fabrics from my stash. It’s in the soft greens, blues, pinks and yellows. I love it. I am using Eleanor Burns idea of turn inside out appliqué for the hearts and fusing the other pieces down the a button hole stitch with heavier quilting thread I found at Joanne’s. I am getting faster at it and my sewing is improving with each block.
Well back to work. Have a wonderful Thursday. Almost the weekend! Yea!

No comments:

My latest finish in Cross Stitching 12-29-2020

  American Promenade by  Annie Beez Folk Art Fabric   18 count Adia Hand dyed by Fabrics by LJ in the Willow Tree colorway. Using all the ca...