Sunday, May 15, 2011

My library adventures

In one of my quests to save Money and to also quench my thirst for books I take advantage of the Multnomah County Library.  The have many branches and it is one of the most used libraries in the nation.  I have intersts in a wide circle of things.    Currently I have 28 book/things checked out and I have 11 items on hold.
Today I will be returning a few:  Let me list them.
  1. A Knitter’s Home Companion – A heartwarming collection of stories, patterns and recipes by Michelle Edwards
  2. I Remember Nothing – and other Reflections by Nora Ephron
  3. Hook, Loop and Lock – create fun and easy locker hooked project by Theresa Pulido
  4. The Vintage Home – Clever finds and faded treasures for today’s chic living by Judith Wilson
  5. The Pioneer Woman Cooks – Recipes from an Accidental Country Girl by Ree Drummond
  6. Shed Chic – Outdoor Buildings for Work,  Rest and Play  by Sally Coulthard
  7. Brava Valentine – a novel (audio book) by Adriana Trigiani
  8. ReKindled (audio book) by Tamera Alexander
  9. October Road  The complete first season
  10. Run Fatboy Run
  11. A Wrinkle in Time (2003 Disney)
  12. Little Big Town by Little Big Town
  13. Stripped by Christina Aguilera
  14. Corinne Bailey Rae by Corinne Bailey Rae
The things i have checked out that I still have in a pile next to my bed are:
  1. Summer of the midnight sun by Tracie Peterson
  2. Whispers of Winter by Tracie Peterson
  3. A summer in the Country by Marcia Willett 
  4. A week in winter by Marcia Willett  (halfway through)
  5. Big Stone Gap (Audio Book) by Adriana Trigiani   only have a few cd’s left to listen to on the commute
  6. Commander in Chief.  Part 1  (DVD)
  7. The big book of cross-stitch designs: over 900 simple to stitch decorative motifs
  8. Crating a home by Kathryn M Ireland
  9. Sister Parish Design: on Decorating   by Susan Bartlett Carter and Libby Cameron   ( I love Sister Parish – she is so into chintz.)
  10. Color schemes for the flower garden by Gertrude Jekyll  - thought it would help on color theory.
  11. October Road:  The complete second season  (DVD)
  12. Live by Design:  6 steps to an extraordinary you by Tom Ferry with Laura Morton   I am pouring over this one as it is hitting home with me and plan to work with it some more.
  13. Gunn’s golden rules:  life’s little lessons form making it work by Tim Gunn, with Ada Calhoun
  14. Thrifty chic: interior style on a Shoestring by  Liz Bauwens and Alesxandra Campbell


Currently I have 11 on hold with two ready to pick up.
  1. Drawling lab for mixed-media artists: 52 creative exercises to make drawing fun by Carla Sonheim
  2. North and South.  The complete collection (DVD)
  3. Big Love.  The complete fourth season.   87 out of 297 on hold
  4. The Kids are all Right (DVD) 19 out of 207 on hold
  5. The book of Stillmeadow   1 of 2 on hold
  6. Doo-wops & hooligans by Bruno Mars  188 of 240 on hold (have had on hold since March and I am only up to 188)
  7. Once and again: The complete second season   1 of 1 holds but on it’s way
  8. Big Cherry Holler – A Big Stone Gap novel by Adriana Trigiani 1 of 1 holds but on it’s way
  9. A wrinkle in time  (audio book) by Madeleine L”Engle   4 of 4 holds
  10. One Tree Hill.  The complete first season.    1 of 1 holds but on it’s way
  11. A year on Ladybug Farm by Donna Ball  1 of 1 holds

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

What a list!!!! I finally had a moment to stop by your blog - thanks for visiting mine. So I wanna know ... did you make it thru everything on your list?

My latest finish in Cross Stitching 12-29-2020

  American Promenade by  Annie Beez Folk Art Fabric   18 count Adia Hand dyed by Fabrics by LJ in the Willow Tree colorway. Using all the ca...