Saturday, January 14, 2012

Intentions – The listing

  As you know I have picked Intentions for my word to live by. When I picked the word I wasn’t exactly sure what “Intentions” i wanted so I have been thinking about it in the past few weeks.  I want to live my life by these intentions not just this year.  I want to mold my life to be what I dream.   I am going to list my Intention and then list a goal to achieve it for this year. So let’s begin.
1.  I want to be a Quilter and sew beautiful quilts.   
I have always been a quilter – since I was 18 years old.  This year I want to take it to a new level.
Goal:  Participate in the UFO challenge from Patchwork Times and complete the Block of the Month from Quilting Delight.
2.  I want to be healthy and fit.
I struggle with my weight.  Last year I was diagnosed with diabetes.  I did really well  and lost 45 lbs but then the holiday came and a bit of the weight creeped back on.
Goal: Go to the gym at least twice a week.
Goal: During the summer months (May though Sept)  – Go on a hike, walk  or bike ride weekly.
Goals:  Lose 5 lbs a month.  
3. I want to enjoy the monuments.
Life can get very busy and you can lose people very easily.  I know because it has happened to me.  I want to enjoy the moment.
Goal:  I don’t have a quantifying goal – but just to remind myself to take tame for myself either through reading, sewing or enjoying the beauty of everyday life.
4.  Be Queen of my home home.
Currently I live in a condo with my mother.  I want to move out and have my own space.  I have had to work through a lot of anxiety in the last year on the fincial front.   It’s finally possible to do it again and I am scared to fail.  The worst that can happen is fail and I have done that before and I have survived.
Goal:   Look at apartments.  The more I put it out in the universe – I know it will fall into place.
5.  Always Dream
I am always dreaming.  I dream about quilts i can make, things to sew,  books to write, furniture to remake, rooms to decorate and ideas to create.  I never want to stop dreaming.
Goal:  Write the outline and the first chapter of my book.
Goal: Paint a piece of furniture.
Goal:  Design a quilt pattern.

I really do believe in the power of goals.  These last few years have shown me how awesome I am.  This boasts me as I self doubt my self and I should know that I deserve all the happiness that I can make.  I have also learned the power of hard work and the results it can lead and I love how my life is so far.

No comments:

My latest finish in Cross Stitching 12-29-2020

  American Promenade by  Annie Beez Folk Art Fabric   18 count Adia Hand dyed by Fabrics by LJ in the Willow Tree colorway. Using all the ca...