Tuesday, July 7, 2009

UFO #1 - Ken's gift...


Okay.. i am a little bit slow. I promised you this yesterday but I finally was able to take a photo. About 4 or 5 years ago i did a 5 dollar quilt through Quilting Delights. Along with the main quilt i was making i used my assorted batiks to make another quilt. I have completed my main quilt into a floppy but this one just has borders that need to be added. I have included them in the photo. It was quite a year that year. I was doing a 5 dollar quilt through two shops and doing a second "practice" quilt for both adventures. A friend had joined me in the second quilt as it was called something with polka dots.. and i have to do something with Dot's. My friend gave me her completed squares as it was not her style so i have 3 tops sewed up to floppies. I will show them in another post.
I call this one "Ken's gift".. but that might change if it talks to me. My boyfriend at the time gave me a gift certificate to a quilt shop called The Quilter When I went to use it the shop had moved. We found it one day on our adventures in another part of Vancouver and I went in and bought a bunch of quarter or half yards of batiks. We eventually broke up but i would go by that quilt shop every once in a while. Then one time i went by and it was gone. Last month i joined the Clark County Quilters and I was invited to a tea. Lo and behold it was at The Quilter and this time it was just over the river. I was excited.
So sorry to get off track. I am doing this quilt as part of The Charming girls quilt club. Motivation to get some of my UFO's done.
Off to quilt..

1 comment:

Carol R. said...

Way to Sew Dottie! Love the projects you have chosen for the club. See you soon.

My latest finish in Cross Stitching 12-29-2020

  American Promenade by  Annie Beez Folk Art Fabric   18 count Adia Hand dyed by Fabrics by LJ in the Willow Tree colorway. Using all the ca...