I have watched :
- Mrs. Palfrey at the Claremont. It was such a sweet performance it made me cry at the end. I love Rupert Friend and now I want to watch The Young Victoria. I didn't realize he was in Pride and Prejudice. I need to find that song by Rosemary Clooney. She did sing beautifully didn't she.
- Nick & Norah's infinite playlist. Yes it was about high school kids but i loved it. The music was even good even though and made parts of the movie. The extras were good to.
- Sliding Doors. I have seen this many times before but felt like re watching. Loved it just as always.
- Possession. I love this movie. I love all of the main actors. This time around I was very impressed again by the costumes. They were quite lovely. The costume designer is Jenny Beavan. What I found out is she has done costumes for many of the movies I love. Cranford, Sense and Sensibility. Check her out.
- Keeping Mum. I loved Patrick Swazye in this one. He looked so good and I loved everyone else to. It was ironic that my friend Jessica had just watched it to.
- Wondrous Oblivion This was a good movie.. Made me understand cricket a bit more.
I also just got from the library Happy-go-lucky. That was another recommendation.
Some of the movies they suggested that I have already seen ---alot of them recently on the telly
- Notting Hill
- Four Weddings and a Funeral
- Bridget Jones 1 and 2
- Last Chance Harvey
- Pride and Prejudice both the movie and the mini series.. Oh Mr. Darcy...
- Beatrix Potter
- North and South
- Remains of the Day
- Little Women
- Plus others but i got tired of writing them. lol
I have also put some other movies on hold that they have recommended or that I have found.
- Two lovers
- Sunshine Cleaning had on hold but didn't want to have it on my list as there are over 300 holds on it so i will reserve it another day....
- Liberty Heights
- Billy Elliott- have seen but want to see again
- On a Clear Day always have wanted to see this. I am glad they reminded me.
- Scenes of a Sexual Nature
Have run out of room on my hold list so add these....
- Brick Lane
- 84 Charing Cross Road
- Widow's Peak
- Brief Encounter
- Mrs Dalloway
- Truely,Madley, Deeply
- About a Boy
- Starter for 10
- Under the Greenwood Tree
- Jack and Sarah
- The boy in the stipped pajamas
I will need to go back to that blog post and see what other movies I want to see.* Well I went back and this post has become so much longer than I intended.
My friends David and Steven also gave me the Grey Gardens collection. The original documentary and the HBO movie by Drew Barrymore. I need to watch that this weekend.
There there are my standbys. I am on the 5th season of Avonlea. I just love this series. I love this time period. I also have the 7 Brides for 7 Brothers series. I found someone who had recorded it and i got it from them. It's quite grainy but that is ok. I just like watching it. It shows a young River Phoenix.
Ones I want to watch but not at the library yet.
- Run Fat Boy Run
- The Young Victoria
- Breaking & Entering
- Career Girls
- 'high hopes'
- This Years Love
- Imagine Me & You
- Martha meet Frank,Daniel and Lawrence
Anybody else have any recommendations?
Well till later.